Friday, October 3, 2008

Veep Debate

Ok, well I of course have much that I could say after watching the Biden-Palin debate yesterday, but I will be brief.

I thought that Palin did exceptionally well considering her past blunders in interviews and speaking engagements; she seemed to have taken rather well to her debate training. Not to say that I think that she has anymore skills or knowledge than I thought- I felt she was a bit robotic, though at times I could see the downhome charm that people seem to respond to. She seemed to be simply regurgitating facts and opinions that were given to her and she was often unable to respond to the direct questions from the moderator or make counter-arguments to Biden's statements.

Biden did well, I think. There was nothing spectacular, save the clip below, but I thought that it was a pretty solid performance. He was direct, well-spoken, and clearly knowledgeable about his opinions and politics.

This clip from the debate, was heartbreaking, and definitely increased my respect for Biden. It was poignant and illustrated his understanding of what it's like to be the average American. Sarah Palin's non-response response, not surprisingly, increased my dislike of her.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She did well for herself.

Biden merely did well for Obama.

But I have not yet heard anyone from any side express any concern about the most dangerous possibility if Governor Palin is elected to national office.

Trent and Cas said...

ooh my favorite was her winks...wtf?? like that will help her. I agree with you, I think that she did better than I thought she would. However, she has been trained very well to skirt around the question.