Saturday, May 19, 2007

introduction



Hi y'all. My name is Meghan, I'm a senior here at the U; I start my cohort year for my history teaching major in the fall and I am SO excited! I've spent my whole life in Salt Lake, except for my freshman year in college, and to be honest I don't really love it here. I love New York. I went to NYU for my freshman year and I miss NY a lot. I hope to move back there to teach once I graduate next summer; I know that it will be hard, but I can't wait!
I love to read- memoirs and fiction are my favorites but I'll read anything and I'm always looking for book recommendations. (Seriously, recommend your favorites. Suggest a good book and I'll love you forever.) I love hanging out with my friends and my family, especially my little brother- the kid kills me. I don't watch a lot of TV but I love Grey's Anatomy and Will and Grace. I loooooove Megan Mullally and will watch anything with her in it. So sad but so true. I love to play tennis and soccer (or I did before I hurt my knee) and I like to watch baseball- Go Red Sox! I'm competitive and a little crazy. I have pretty eclectic tastes in everything, but when it comes down to it, I like anything that challenges me or makes me laugh.

I think that is why I want to be a teacher. It's a great combination of good times and challenge. Like Jared said in his blog, I really love to help people learn. I think that it is the most amazing thing ever. I also love how passionate the world of education is; it's intellectual and hopeful and dedicated and I can't wait to spend my life in it. Great teachers make great differences and I find that incredibly inspiring.

I am excited to learn how to use technology in the classroom because I think it is a great way to connect with students. It is a way to use their knowledge and their experiences to maximize learning in the classroom and it's a way to get them involved. I think that a lot of students find their classes and classrooms outdated and a technological classroom makes that simply untrue. I'm excited to have new ways to get information for my class and new ways to give information as well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Meghan - It's great to have you in class. I'm excited to have another Red Sox fan in class.