Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tagged!

Well, Casandra tagged anyone willing to fill this out and I am currently bored enough at work to muster the necessary willingness so here I go.

3 Joys

1. Reading. Yep, I am a huge book nerd. Books provide me with new thoughts, new ideas, and an oft-needed reprieve from all the craziness in my own head. They make me laugh and are one of the few things that can actually make me cry (George Bush being president and the death of a loved one are the other things.) Reading brings me true happiness.
2. Teaching. Watching a student finally "get it"... truly, there is nothing like it.
3. My friends and family. They amaze me. They are so insane but I love them in a way I couldn't explain.

3 Fears

1. Failure.
2. Losing a loved one.
3. Failure. (What can I say? I am a total type-A personality!)

3 Goals

1. To own my own bookstore.
2. To get a Master's degree.
3. To travel extensively. ( I realize I'll be trying to do that on a teacher's salary, but meh, I'll make it work.

3 Obsessions

1. New York City. I only lived there for a year, but during that year I fell deeply, madly in love. It is the most amazing place ever and it lights me up like nothing else. I miss my friends there, Ray's Pizza (the one at 6th and 11th, of course!) Union Square Park, taking the subway home at 4 in the morning, and falafels at Mamoun's.
2. Harry Potter. Yeah, that's right, I said it. I looooooove Harry Potter! I love talking about Hogwarts and Diagon Alley like they are places that actually exist, Severus Snape and Bellatrix Lestrange like real live people who you love to hate (though truly, I just love Bellatrix!) and cheering for the Golden Trio like the outcome in their battle versus Voldemort actually matters.
3. I had a tough time thinking of this third one, but I guess it would be my celebrity girl-crushes. I generally don't much care for celebrities and though I love Johnny Depp, nothing catches my eye like a photo or story about Idina Menzel, Megan Mullally, or Helena-Bonham Carter.

3 Random Surprise Facts

1. I have bipolar disorder. Fun stuff, eh?
2. I want to write a book.
3. I don't like peas.

I now tag everyone who, like me, is bored enough to fill this out.

3 comments:

Shanna Blythe said...

Hey. I saw your comment on Sheree's blog and followed it over. Looks good!

Sheree said...

Love it! I too, am a big Harry Potter fan. Bellatrix is pretty awesome. I think that Amy Winehouse is her real-life doppelganger.

GSK said...

Hey. You either need to write more on your Blog or we need to hang out more often!!