Sunday, June 1, 2008

Back Home

I am just getting home from my trip to Idaho. Usually we head up there to spend time with my grandma, but this time we were there on more somber business. On the 23rd of this month my great uncle, Bob Eames, passed away. This past wednesday evening my sister, older brother, and I drove up to Menan and then on Thursday went with my dad, stepmom, grandma, and my uncle Matt to the funeral. I have known Bob and his wife Jean for as long as I can remember and they have helped my grandma so much since my grandpa died so it was very sad to have to say goodbye. It was also difficult because it brought back so many memories of my grandpa's funeral which was about 5 1/2 years ago. It was, however, great to spend time with my family. There haven't been that many of us together since my grandpa's funeral so it was great to be able to hang out and reminisce. We looked through old photos and told old stories and it was great to pretend that for just one weekend we were all as close as we used to be. I guess that's the thing about funerals- they really are the most complicated, confusing swirl of emotions.

I'll miss you, Bob!

No comments: