Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I am so thankful for...

George W. Bush. (Betcha didn't see that one coming!)



In my state of complete euphoria following tonight's election results, I actually had a positive thought about good ol' Dubya. So many people are apathetic to politics; they don't know or care about their government and its actions. George W. Bush made it impossible for me to be apathetic. I am so grateful for my knowledge of and passion for politics and I don't know if I would have that same knowledge and passion if it weren't for President Bush. During the eight shameful years of his presidency I have gained the desire and ability to scrutinize my government, to research its positions and actions, and to question the decisions made by the leaders of my country. People may suggest that it is a negative thing that I developed this cynical approach to my government, but I am so thankful for it. I think that I am a better person every day that I think about the state of our country, the state of the world. I feel more educated, more enlightened, by my desire to search for truth, to analyze, to think, to know, to care about the world around me. Thank you, George Bush. Your dismal approach at running this country and the free world has, ironically, made me a better person.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bus ur time has up.. let the obama comes