Tuesday, November 4, 2008

There are no words

to describe how happy and relieved I feel right now. After eight years of waiting, we finally have the opportunity to move forward from the persistent problems of the Bush regime. As a history nerd and simply as an American, watching them call the election in favor of Obama was one of the highlights of my life. I'm not going to lie and pretend that I was an Obama supporter from the beginning, seeing as everyone who knows me knows that I was, am, and always will be a supporter of Hillary Clinton, but on this night, in this election, I truly believe that Americans made the right choice.

I have been disappointed before by the American people (Election '04) but tonight I believe that they really pulled through. I applaud their acknowledgement that America is not moving in the right direction under their current president, that there are issues that need to be handled immediately; I admire their willingness to look beyond all the negative GOP campaign rhetoric and look at the potential of Obama; and I commend them for putting their faith in Obama, knowing that right now what the country is risking is more than it can afford to lose.

I cannot, of course, guarantee that Obama and his cabinet will make all the right decisions, that every thing they do will work, but I so respect the American people for their willingness to give him a chance. He deserved it. And so do we.



No comments: